5 Best Portable Air Compressors For RV Living
A portable air compressor is a must-have item for your RV and should be part of your RV emergency kit. Having a portable air compressor is handy for so many things from keeping tires inflated to blowing up bicycle tires and other inflatables.
What makes a good portable air compressor?
There are many portable air compressors on the market. Some are basic air compressors and some come with a dazzling array of extra features. It can be deflating just deciding which is the best one for your needs. We researched the best portable air compressors for you. We looked for air compressors with these features:
- Low noise level
- Easy to use
1. CAT Profesional Portable Tire Inflator With 3 in 1 Power Station
The CAT 3-in-1 Portable Air Compressor and Power Station is the perfect choice for RV living. Not just an air compressor, this 19.46 lb air compressor has everything you could possibly need or want on your RV adventures. If you’re going to carry an air compressor, it might as well replace a bunch of other tools you carry too.
In addition to a portable air compressor, this unit also functions as a jump starter and power station. The features include:
- 120 psi inflation with a sure fit brass connector and accessories to. inflate sports equipment.
- 2 LED area lights
- 120 Volt AC outlet
- Four 2-amp USB charging ports
- 1000 Peak Battery Amp Jump-starter
- 500 Instant Starting Amps
- The starter can be used with any household power cord
The Youtube channel VIMALARANJAN shared a closer look at the CAT portable air compressor and jump starter in this video:
2. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX Portable Inflator
The 5.6 lb Black and Decker 20V MAX Portable Inflator works wherever you need it on a 20-volt lithium battery or plugged in with its power cord. It inflates vehicle tires, sporting gear, and more at a rate of about 10 lbs in 15 seconds.
Cyclists will like finding a Presta valve adapter in the assortment of adapters that Black and Decker includes with this unit. It also comes with:
- A digital gauge to view current pressure and set target pressure
- Automatic shut-off that stops the unit once the desired pressure is reached
- High-pressure and high-volume outputs
- Included components: A BDINF20 inflator, A ball needle, a Presta valve adapter, a small inflatable adapter, a large volume hose
3. DCC020IB 20V Dewalt MAX
Dewalt’s 20V MAX Corded/Cordless Air Compressor gives you a choice of 3 power sources: its 20V MAX battery, 12V DC, or 110V AC. This 5.5 lb air compressor’s threaded chuck and included accessories make it easy to inflate tires or sporting equipment.
Setting the desired air pressure is simple with its digital gauge, and the auto-shutoff provides accurate inflation. Move the hose to the deflation port for quick and easy deflation. Heavy-duty rubber feet help reduce walking while in use.
- 20-volt lithium battery
- 12 V DC
- 110V AC
- Digital gauge with auto-shutoff
- High volume hose for fast inflation
- Deflation port
- Onboard LED light
- 160psi max
4. Campbell Hausfeld Rechargeable Cordless Inflator
The 8 oz Campbell Hausfeld rechargeable cordless inflator (CC2300) delivers up to 230 PSI and also serves as a portable, rechargeable, 12-volt power supply.
These portable air compressors can inflate most bicycle, automotive and recreational tires, as well as air mattresses, rafts, sports equipment, and more. It’s convenient, built-in power supply can operate or charge many 12-volt devices, so you can keep your electronics running wherever you go. It features:
- 230 PSI
- 2 air nozzles and 1 needle valve included
- 100 volts
- Simple to use
- Rechargeable lead battery
5. Stalwart 20 V Cordless Air Compressor Portable Tire Inflator
The Stalwart Portable Air Compressor is a small but mighty 20V air compressor at just 4.6 lbs. It is handy to have for roadside emergencies or to inflate camping or sports equipment quickly and easily.
- 4 nozzles including 2 needle valves for balls
- 20V, rechargeable lithium battery
- Charges from either 110 V AC or house power
- Comes with battery and carrying case
- 4-5 hours run time
- Easy to read led gauge
- Auto shutoff
Other ways to use a portable air compressor
Did you know you can also use air compressors to winterize your RV? Learn more in this Do It Yourself RV article.