Our Top Picks For The Best Portable Fire Pits
A campfire is an important part of the camping experience. Bringing along a portable fire pit lets you have a fire wherever you are camped. A portable propane fire ring can give you the warm glow of a campfire; but with propane campfires, many campers miss the liveliness and crackling that only happens with a real wood fire.
Luckily for diehard wood-burning campfire fans, there are now a variety of portable fire pits that burn wood. You can choose from many different portable fire pits. Some of them easily fold flat for transport; other portable fire pits are smokeless and can be packed in a carrying case for effortless transport. We picked out the best portable fire pits for RV camping and detailed each of them below.
Why we picked these portable fire pits for RV camping
We picked our favorite portable fire pits with the following criteria:
- Firewood had to be the primary fuel
- Must have outstanding reviews from RVers
- Easy for RVers to transport and set up
- Easy to clean
The following portable fire pits were favorites with RVers and met all of our criteria. Every RVer will have their own preferences for what they would love in a portable RV fire pit. We didn’t put them in a particular order. Each of our top portable fire pits for RV camping has features that make it an outstanding choice.
Solo Bonfire Portable Fire Pit
The Solo Bonfire has unique technology that makes it very clean-burning and smokeless. Imagine not having to move your chair around the circumference of the fire pit to escape wood smoke!
Reviewers loved this smokeless portable fire pit for RV camping due to its portability, maneuverability, heat output, and sturdiness. Here are the outstanding features of the Solo Bonfire:
- Unique design: The Solo Stove Bonfire pushes the limits of both combustion airflow efficiency. It features a minimalist outdoor design and all stainless steel construction.
- Secondary combustion: The Bonfire has a double-wall design that maximizes airflow and makes the burning process very clean. This minimizes the amount of ash when the fire is out.
- Complete burn: A complete burn means the Bonfire portable fire pit burns completely. This means there is almost no smoke at all. You won’t have to dodge smoke and your clothes won’t smell like a campfire.
- Easy to use and portable: This camping stove singular construction completely removes the need for parts and assembly! Bring it from your backyard patio to camping or tailgating! Great for RVs and campers! 19.5×14 inch size camping fire pit.
- Comes with a carrying case: Just pack it up and go.
- Easy to clean: Just turn it upside down after it cools to remove any traces of ash.
Pop-Up Portable Fire Pit
Weighing just 8 lbs, the Pop-Up portable fire pit has a clever design that exceeds BLM and Forest Service regulations.
This stainless steel fire pit comes in a carry bag and is quick to set up. It features a bottom mesh screen that allows fires to burn hot enough to be virtually smokeless.
Reviewers loved this economically priced fire pit. It’s received a perfect score for longevity and its light weight, ease of assembly, and sturdiness.
Here are the Pop-Up’s outstanding features:
- Burns wood or charcoal
- Very portable
- Sets up in under 60 seconds
- Burning on a fire-rated, strong, stainless steel fire mesh means excellent airflow. Enjoy brighter, hotter fires.
- Almost no smoke
- 576 square inches of burn area
- Meets or exceeds Forest Service and BLM regulations
- Light weight (8 lbs)
- Packs into a small carry bag that won’t take much storage space.
CouleeGo Portable Fire Pit
The smokeless CouleeGo portable fire pit is made in Alberta, Canada. It’s available in 3 different finishes, including stainless steel.
The CouleeGo is a 15-inch high firepit that is capable of burning either wood pellets or traditional firewood. Reviewers love the clean design and durability of the CouleeGo firepit. The CouleeGo is easily portable but doesn’t come with a carry bag.
Here are some of the fire pit’s outstanding features:
- Durable and unique design
- Dual wall airflow allows fuel to burn nearly completely without smoke
- Easy to clean; just turn it upside down to remove traces of ash.
- Doesn’t damage concrete surfaces
Biolite Portable Fire Pit
The Biolite portable fire pit is a smokeless fire pit that comes with a detachable, rechargeable battery pack, which runs a small fan.
Fires need air, fuel, and heat to burn. Air in the Biolite portable fire pit is controlled by the fan, which can either be operated via Bluetooth or manually. This gives you the ability to burn the fire hot, or not as hot, at the touch of a button. A hot fire can be virtually smoke-free.
Reviewers loved that the Biolite fire pit is easy to set up. The legs fold out, the charged battery pack is attached, and it’s ready to go.
Reviewers also loved having a phone app that can be used to control the fire without having to get up. The ability to easily cook on the Biolite was a favorite feature too, as was the fire pit’s durability.
Here are some other outstanding features of the Biolite portable fire pit:
- Burns 16″ split firewood or charcoal
- The size of the fire is contolled by fan, which provides airflow
- Bluetooth app controls the fan
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t take much storage space
- Air jets improve combustion
- Gril grate for cooking
Smokeless portable fire pits are perfect for RV camping. A smokeless portable fire pit can be easily stowed in the RV and set up wherever your adventures take you. Burning firewood instead of propane gives a much better ambiance to the campsite while conserving propane. Cooking food over a wood fire imparts a smoky flavor that you just can’t get with a propane barbecue.
One of the best parts about RVing is engaging with the community of traveling enthusiasts. iRV2 forums allow folks to chat with other RVers online, and get other perspectives on everything RVing, including products, destinations, RV mods, and much more.