Scout’s Self-Sufficient Truck Camper Is Under $20,000
Adventurer Manufacturing’s latest innovation in their award-winning truck camper line-up is “on a mission to regain the pioneering spirit.”
With its new brand of self-sufficient campers christened Scout, the Washington-based parent company, with 50+ years in the RV industry, is rethinking the traditional RV travel experience. Instead of owners towing bulky rigs and relying on campsite hookups for power and water, these luxury truck campers encourage people to eat and relax outside.
Summary of Scout’s self-sufficient truck campers
In contrast, Scout truck campers are lightweight, multi-functional, compact, and portable. They can go anywhere and are perfect for off-the-grid RVing. Scouts have energy-efficient equipment that’s easy for any user to operate, and utilizes natural resources for energy.
The Scout Olympic is the first of the three models in the 2020 spotlight. Later this year, two additional models, the Yoho and Kenai, will debut. The Olympic is considered the mid-size model of the trio. This self-sufficient camper can sleep up to six people. It has a starting price of $19,980.
- The Scout Olympic weighs in at 1,133 pounds. The interior dimensions are almost 6 feet long and a little over 6.5 feet high.
- It’s the perfect camper for half-ton and full-size trucks. Ideal models include the Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ford F-150, Ram 1500, Chevrolet, and GMC 1500.
- The self-sufficient camper is void of any wood or framework. Polyurethane and fiberglass composite panels make it as light as possible.
- Up to six people can comfortably sleep inside with availability in the cabover, table conversion, and rooftop pop-up tent.
- It has a 4.9-gallon fresh tank and an optional 2.6-gallon portable toilet. There is no grey tank.
- This camper truck is a 4-season RV. An optional propane 4.5 BTU fireplace is available.
- With its energy-efficient and self-sustaining components, the Olympic can support off-grid ventures. This includes a 160-watt solar panel, a portable battery system with a built-in 1500-watt inverter, and a gravity-based water filtration system.
- Wnat to bring the inside of the camper to the outside? Several furniture pieces and appliances can be moved outdoors. The fridge-freezer unit, dining table, propane cooktop, water storage container, and power station are just a few of the many portable, versatile pieces.