Airstream Announces New Updates To Their 2023 Travel Trailers
Airstream is well known for consistently producing top-quality travel trailers. Another thing Airstream does well is listen to its customers. Since 1931, they have developed amazing floorplans and designs with aid from customer feedback. This has given them a unique competitive advantage over companies that are less flexible in listening to their customers.
Airstream recently announced some of the updates they have added for their 2023 travel trailers. It’s already an amazing list of updates, but they promise there are even more surprises coming. Here’s what we know so far.
For all Airstream travel trailers
Redesigned media console
The media console cabinet has typically held the radio, USB ports, and Blu-Ray/DVD player. In an effort to make better use of space, 2023 models will no longer have a Blu-Ray/DVD player.
Airstream is adding an HDMI port. This update will allow customers to plug in their own media or streaming device (Apple TV, Chromecast, etc.) based on their own preferences. Conveniently located next to the HDMI port, a 110v outlet and USB ports will allow users to conveniently power up devices and connect to Airstream Connected Wi-Fi.
Choose your own batteries
In 2023, Airstream buyers will be able to choose between AGM and lithium batteries. Customers who hook up to power will be better equipped with AGM batteries, while those who like to boondock will want to have the additional accessible power capacity of lithium batteries.
Solar system upgrades
Airstream is upgrading its trailers with better 100-watt Merlin rigid solar panels, which are very efficient at creating electricity in all light conditions.
New 12-volt TV
Airstream is upgrading the TV in all 2023 Airstream trailers (with the exception of the Classic) to a more energy efficient 12-volt TV. This means the TV will be able to operate on DC power, freeing up an AC circuit for other uses.
Airstream model updates
In addition to the updates to all Airstream travel trailers, each model will be getting its own upgrades in 2023. Here is what we know so far about the latest updates to Airstream’s already amazing travel trailers.
Airstream’s simply adorable Bambi trailers are getting a few upgrades. These efficiently designed single axle trailers are a cinch to tow.
- New Clarion radio
- New DC-powered Vitrifrigo electric refrigerator on 19CB, 20FB, and 22FB floor plans
- 19CB, 20FB, and 22FB floor plans are getting a new shower door style
In 2023, single axle Caravel travel trailers will get a brand new DC-powered Vitrifrigo electric refrigerator on 19CB, 20FB, and 22FB floor plans.
Designed for long trips or full-time living, the Airstream Classic travel trailer has long been a favorite with Airstream fans. Airstream isn’t giving this model as many upgrades as some of the other trailers. However, customers will appreciate the kitchen upgrades, which will include a residential-style stovetop and a new, larger convection oven.
In 2023, we will also see the ever-popular Flying Cloud travel trailer getting some great updates. Here’s what is in store for the 2023 Flying Cloud lineup.
- 23FB Twin option will become available
- The queen bed configuration now includes panoramic views and nightstands on each side, with the removal of the floor-to-ceiling wardrobes
- Cabinet finish updated to matte white
- Airstream is going to officially retire the 23CB and 23CB bunk floor plans
Even Airstream’s already well appointed International is getting some great improvements for 2023. Here’s what’s in store:
- 23FB Twin option will be available for 2023 Internationals
- 2023 queen bed configurations will include panoramic views and nightstands on each side, with the removal of the floor-to-ceiling wardrobes
- As of 2023, Airstream will retire the 23CB and 23CB bunk floor plans
Airstream is giving the Globetrotter some fantastic new upgrades in the kitchen and beyond. Here is what’s going to be new for 2023:
- New Furrion cooktop and oven
- MERV 8 air filter for higher filtering efficiency and air quality
- Airstream is going to retire the Globetrotter 23FB (front bedroom) floor plan