Shower Heads For RVs: What Are The Best Options?
RV fresh water tanks are designed to hold enough water to meet your needs for about five days. These tanks range in size between 30 gallons and 100 gallons, depending on the size and type of rig. If you want to shower when you camp, you’ll want to save as much water as possible while still having enough water pressure to make the experience worthwhile. Two things will help you accomplish this: Taking navy-style showers and having a water-saving shower head.
You’ll want to familiarize yourself with the concept of navy-style showers before you step in. You may find yourself emptying the hot water tank much faster than you think!
Take navy-style showers
What’s a navy-style shower? We’re glad you asked. A navy-style shower is when you use the shower to get completely wet. Then you turn the shower off, soap up, and shampoo your hair. Then you turn the shower on and rinse. If you are using the shower head your RV came with, you may find yourself out of hot water at this point. This brings us to the next thing you can do to help get the best RV shower possible.
Oxygenic shower heads for RVs
If you want to end your RV shower with hot water to spare, an Oxygenics shower head is the answer. Oxygenics has developed shower heads for RVs that will help you save water, yet they still have a satisfying amount of water pressure. So, you’ll finish your shower feeling as clean and fresh as if you took a shower at home.
As a matter of fact, many RVers loved the Oxygenics shower head in their RV so much that they installed one in their sticks and bricks too. Oxygenics makes five different lines of shower heads for RVs to satisfy anyone wanting the best possible RV shower experience.
Oxygenics Bodyspa RV Handheld Shower
The Bodyspa shower head is the most popular model from Oxygenics. It is a great basic choice from the Oxygenics RV lineup. It uses little water and has good water pressure. Read the Oxygenics BodySpa Shower Head Review from Do It Yourself RV.
This little shower head for RVs is easy to install and use. Here are the features of the Voyage RV shower heads:
- SecureLock clicks handheld into wall mount to withstand the toughest conditions.
- The pendulum setting oscillates up to 500 times per minute for 14″ of dynamic coverage.
- SmartPause setting brings water to a trickle, saving water and helping tanks last longer.
- Nonstick internal parts prevent buildup.
- Installs in minutes.
Just as its name suggests, the PowerBlast model features powerful jets that include a pressure wash setting among its nine settings.
Oxygenics PowerFlow RV Shower Head
The PowerFlow RV shower head is very much like the PowerBlast model but without as many spray settings.
- Five spray settings bring the comforts of a household shower to your home-on-wheels.
- Flow control lever allows you to reduce water to a trickle right on the shower head (great for shaving/lathering!).
- Features the newly developed Strobe setting, which massages your body and feels great after a day on the road.
- Designed specifically to optimize stream output given your tank size and water pressure.
- Nonstick internal components prevent hard water buildup.
Oxygenics Fury RV Shower Head
The Fury shower head has a flow control lever to adjust the water pressure to whatever you want it to be without losing any efficiency.
One of the best parts about RVing is engaging with the community of traveling enthusiasts. iRV2 forums allow folks to chat with other RVers online, and get other perspectives on everything RVing, including products, destinations, RV mods, and more.