While looking at Airstream RVs, I was curious about what the prices might be. I found there was a price range of $36,900 to $221,000 depending on size, comfort, and the conveniences provided. Some models sport more luxuries than others.
Airstream has long had a reputation for luxury that has only been increased by pairing up with Mercedes-Benz to provide the safety and quality the Mercedes-Benz company has to offer. Models for travel trailers and touring coaches have been carefully designed with a variety of vacations in mind, whether it be a day trip, an overnight, or long-term vacation. The models are also designed with the number of people gathering for fun and recreation, taking into careful consideration the number of seats needed for such times.
For 85 years, Airstream has been a classic brand for travel trailers and touring coaches. Airstream has gained its reputation because the company has always strived to include comfort rather than accept camping as ‘roughing it’. From the first tent on a frame that was replaced by a solid structure, the Airstream company had humble beginnings that only increased in popularity as it responded to the needs of vacationers everywhere who wanted a safe, reliable means to see the country’s vacation destinations. Featured below are the variety of models available from Airstream whether you want a travel trailer for 6 or a touring coach for two. Luxury and care to detail and safety abound with each model. Comfort is key in the design of Airstream’s models. Whether you desire a small model or large, Airstream will have the answer.
- The Nest: Starting at $45,900, this new travel trailer sleeps two on a queen bed, features a u-shaped dinette, and offers storage with a closet. It has a two-way refrigerator, stainless appliances, and a choice of two floor plans. Heat is provided by a furnace and at approximately 6×9 feet, it is the smallest model Airstream offers.
- The Base Camp: At $36,900, the Base Camp sleeps two, although there is seating for five. The Base Camp features a solar Package with upgraded AGM batteries as an option and also offers heat and air conditioning. Despite the small size, it has room for gear to enjoy the outdoors.
- The Classic: The Classic is the top of the line travel trailer for Airstream featuring smart technology, which allows the owner, for example, to close the awning from a distance away. Starting at $149,900, the Classic sleeps up to five with a length of 30-33 feet depending on which floor plan you choose. The GVWR for the Classic is 10,000 which includes a heat pump and a two-way nine cubic ft. refrigerator.
- The International Signature: The International Signature has design features which include panoramic windows to bring the outside beauty indoors. Cabinetry is solid wood and furnishings are pet friendly. With a sleep capacity for up to six, pricing for the International Signature begins at $84,400.
- The Tommy Bahama: Aspecial edition travel trailer starting at $83,900, the Tommy Bahama offers built-in bar storage and top of the line materials. Sleeping up to six people, the panoramic windows feature graphics which makes one think of stopping near sand and sea for a visit. Woven flooring comfortably welcomes tired feet and comfort treats you throughout this travel trailer.
- The Flying Cloud: Starts at $66,400 and can sleep eight. The Flying Cloud has all the features of an original Airstream with the conveniences of technology added in for things like chargers, inverters, solar prep, Bluetooth, and more. Riveted aluminum cabinets make the kitchen area stand out with storage tucked into every corner. This model has several floor plans to choose from on the Airstream website.
- The Globetrotter: The Globetrotter, priced at $103,900, can sleep six. Influenced in design by the UK, the Globetrotter features a quality kitchen and bathroom fixtures. The Globetrotter meets your needs for modern technology while keeping Old World quality. There are different floor plans to choose from on the Airstream website for this model as usual for all their travel trailers.
- International Serenity: Starting at $86,400, the International Serenity is cutting edge in technology such as Clarion stereo with AM/FM/Satellite radio, CD player, and Bluetooth®Samsung LED HD TVs with surround sound, Blu-Ray™ DVD player, USB and 110V outlets throughout. The International Serenity has a power awning and a window awning package. It also offers a solar pre-wire kit for renewable power input. The kitchen area features a pull-out pantry and drawer microwave along with room for pots, pans, and utensils. The pale colors of the International Serenity throughout are soothing and allow one to focus on the beauty of the outdoors. This model offers a hand-painted chassis, exterior shower with hot and cold water, and rear view monitoring system.
- The Sport: Starting at $47,900, the Sport is designed for the weekend adventurer. Although a compact trailer, the Sport offers a bathroom with shower, a dinette, a comfortably-sized bed, a refrigerator and a two burner cooktop in the galley section. The Sport is able to sleep four. It has panoramic windows with black-out shades, LG LED HD TV with antenna and a JVC stereo with Bluetooth. The galley features Italian cabinetry as well as ample workspace with a cutting board over the sink. Moen faucets add to the quality of the Sport. The Sport has a front Stone guard shield for protection, rear view monitoring, one-piece white, aluminum roof, and exterior shower. The storage compartment features an LED light. The Sport also has a standard unique key and heavy-duty dead bolt for the front door.
Airstream also makes touring coaches. Just as in travel trailers they provide a variety of options with safety being a top concern. Airstream combines its quality with Mercedes-Benz. The results are a Mercedes chassis, rain-sensing windshield wipers, rain and light-sensing headlights, lane keeping and collision-prevention assistance among others.
- Interstate Nineteen: Starting at $149,240, the Interstate Nineteen seats up to four. Featuring Italian veneer cabinetry and a control system for technology and lighting, the Interstate Nineteen is just that: nineteen feet long and will fit in a conventional parking space. The Interstate Nineteen design includes solar energy, a furnace, air conditioning, bathroom with shower, touch-screen pad, microwave, refrigerator and freezer along with a two burner cooktop. A wardrobe is included for storage.
- Atlas: Seats up to four people, has a three piece bathroom, and a slide-out Murphy suite. The starting price for this model is $221,004. The Atlas also features a hideaway smart TV, solar panels, and safety systems from Mercedes-Benz. Fans of Airstream will also enjoy the power sunroof, technology, and side and rear cameras.
- Tommy Bahamas: Airstream also offers a Tommy Bahamas Atlas which includes a built-in bar, wood power shutters, woven flooring, graphics and luxurious seating. This model offers heated fresh water tanks, first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, and CO2 detector. All of this luxury still gets 16-18mpg on the road.
- Interstate Lounge EXT: So named because it has the capacity to seat up to nine people, the Interstate Lounge EXT floor plans are designed for larger groups and shorter trips with no less the usual luxury offered by Airstream. Beginning at $169,798, The Interstate Lounge EXT offers a two burner cooktop and sink, bathroom with shower, and four swivel chairs that meet around the table. A touch screen allows you to control the luxury and comfort of the Interstate Lounge EXT. Also included are 300 watts of solar power and 24/7 roadside assistance. Four wheel drive is available as needed. The interior features Italian wood cabinetry and luxuriant seating.
- Interstate Grand Tour EXT: Starting also at $169,798, the Interstate Grand Tour EXT features a large galley and over-sized refrigerator and freezer. Organized storage is ample with a work desk available for your needs. Airstream also offers the EXT Slate Edition which features dark tones and a sleek interior. Also offered are Airstream’s typical touch-screen technology, luxurious seating, and the Mercedes safety features. The Interstate Grand Tour EXT is designed for longer trips for two with a choice in floor plans of a power lounger or twin beds. The two front captain’s chairs swivel to meet a table for mealtime convenience. The galley also features a drawer microwave and drawer freezer. A generator with auto-start and 300 watts of solar power are available for energy needs. There is a 3 year/36,000 mile Mercedes-Benz warranty along with a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty on the Mercedes-Benz engine. Interior width is 5’10” with an interior height of 6’2”.
I haven’t yet chosen an Airstream, but if I do, I’m sure it will be a comfortable and safe model. Although there is the question of warranty, pre-owned Airstreams are readily available also. A quick check online showed just about any model can be found at a lesser price, unless the prior owner chose lots of options, in which case, you’re still getting quality for your money. For more information on travel trailers and touring coaches offered by Airstream, go to https://www.airstream.com.