Go Off-Roading in Luxury in the New Darc Mono RV
The heavy-duty Darc Mono RV combines the best of overland traveling, off-road adventure and design. With inspiration from motor racing events like Dakar Rally and Formula 1, this “ultimate expedition vehicle” has the capabilities to take you anywhere without leaving the lap of luxury. Plus, the German startup company Darc claims its RV has sufficient energy and storage capacities to last over two weeks for two people off-grid living.
In a March 2021 press release, the company proclaimed, “We at DARC believe that creating a state of the art expedition vehicle is the next step to evolve from stagnation and lead the necessary innovation push. We combine sophisticated design language, highly efficient functionality and industrial-grade quality – all within a competitive budget and a reasonable delivery timeframe well under 12 months.”
Darc Mono’s chassis and camper cabin meet the grueling demands of off-roading. The off-road kit allows this nearly 21 foot long beast to go practically wherever its driver wants to go.
The Darc Mono is built on a 2021 Iveco Daily 4 X 4 full-size van chassis. Drawing from vehicles competing at Dakar Rallies, an international off-road endurance event, the Darc Mono is:
- Fitted with 37” all-terrain tires.
- Equipped with permanent AWD.
- Outfitted with an adaptive suspension system developed by KW Automotive.
Additional features include:
- A custom-built tubular-steel bull bar.
- A winch with 22,000 pounds of recovery capability.
- A carbon fiber intake snorkel.
Darc Mono Cabin
Carbon fiber frames are typical in the construction of racing and high-end sports cars. Using Formula 1 technology, the Darc team designed a modern monocoque camper cabin made of 100% recycled carbon fiber. The integral assembly adds “unprecedented” structural strength, a 35% weight reduction, and can handle large payloads. Superior temperature and noise isolation are other benefits of this type of build.
Interior Design and Specs
Don’t let its beefy, rugged exterior fool you. The inside of the Darc Mono is a stark contrast, with its chic minimalist interior design. The 86 square foot living space appears roomier with its panoramic windows and nearly 7-foot long skylight. The camper cabin has 6 feet 7 inches of headroom and has all the luxuries of home.
- The kitchenette includes a three-burner stove, sink, and a 90-liter fridge.
- The dinette can fit up to 5 people and doubles as a sleeping area for two.
- A queen-sized bed can be lowered from the ceiling with the push of a button.
- RVers can transform their living space into an entertainment suite, complete with a projector and sound system.
- A full bathroom includes a sink, composting toilet, and separate shower.
Check out more parts of the Darc Mono RV in the slideshow below, courtesy of AN Sparks.
How to Order a Darc Mono
The Darc Mono doesn’t come cheap. The RV’s starting price is around $355,000 at current exchange rates. Online preorders started this month, March 2021, and deliveries begin in August. It is available to consumers in the United States.